Water Colour Poppies and Sun
I started this last night and finished it this morning. water colour is super frustrating and very difficult!!!! It was driving me nuts, but I finished it eventually! I finished it off with the date down the bottom and my initials and the year under the vase. Water colour is very hard to do because you can't control where the colour goes and you have to get the right amount of colour and water for it to work. I'm not very patient so this was very difficult for me :-)
I went on to my computer and searched up poppies, I put one picture onto a word document, then I searched up poppies in a vase (very technical I know). Then I just printed. I had a look at the shape of the poppies and then started drawing them coming out of my case! I was surprised by the way it looked. I'm not a very good drawer usually but I really liked the way the turned out! I could've left it as just pencil and I would've been happy with it!!
I put my colour on the palette and added water to make my paint. I then simply coloured in the flowers, that easy. In between steps you want to wait for the colour to dry before you move on. So I waited, and then once everything was dry I looked for where the petals overlapped and then went over the line wear the petal underneath would be in the same red, this is to create shadows to make them look more realistic. After this I made strokes coming from the inner part of the flower outwards, to make more shadows.
I made my green paint and very carefully moved the brush along the stems. Because they are so skinny it's very fiddly. If you make a mistake make sure its wet and then use paper towel and dab the mistake and it will go away if it's wet enough. If it's too wet and it's going to go outside the outlines, use the corner of the paper towel and gently touch it to the area and it will immediately soak up! Then I had to wait for it to dry. Then with the same green I coloured where the shadow would be on the buds and I went over some of the stems again to create shadow.
For this next part I used a dark blue and went around the top rim of the vase and while I was waiting for it to dry I grabbed a larger brush and coloured the vase the way I wanted. Once I finished that I switched back to my original brush and went over the rim again very carefully until it was darker than the vase. Once that had dried a little I used a greyish colour for the inside of the vase. I used a black colour (which is risky) and coloured in the middle of the flowers, then I left it to dry by itself and it was finished!!
I am participating in the Fat Mum Slim photo a day challenge and today's prompt was round. So U decided to DRAW something round.
I used a tin to trace a circle (I can't draw circles, at all) and I used the water colour and painted it all yellow, mostly with curved lines though. But I let it settle in whatever position it spread to.
I wet the yellow colour on my page and made orange and put it in the wet spots so it would spread. While I waited for it to dry I used the left over orange to paint the lines coming from the sun.
This one was waaaaay easier than the poppies. It took me about 30 mins!
Thanks for visiting