Saturday 28 September 2013

Butterfly Hello Card

Hi there,

Yesterday evening I sat down and played with some art/stamping techniques and I liked the way it looked so  I decided to make a card with this watercolour technique.
I used a butterfly stamp and a hello dye cut, I used two distress inks-Broken China and Crushed Olive- by Tim Holtz. I also added sparkles to the hello and the butterflies, but it's hard to capture with the camera.


I stamped both butterflies first with broken china onto watercolour paper and then I used a water pen to colour the butterfly, Then to only one butterfly I used crushed olive around the edges and blended it in with the water pen and finally used the tiniest amount of sparkles to go over the top. I stuck the water colour paper onto the cardstock and it was done.



4 comments:

  1. Olivia, your watercolored butterflies are beautifully done! The whole card is fantastic! Thank you so much for following me! I'd follow you back if you had one of those follow buttons. I will introduce you on my blog so my friends can meet you and join in your journey. Welcome to Blogland! Card artists and scrappers are the best people on earth!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell, You know my mum amusing Michelle.

      Delete
  2. Hi Liv, gorgeous butterflies! What a fabulous start to blogging you've made :)

    ReplyDelete